Bollinger La Grande Annee 2005 75cl

  • bollinger_la-grande-annee_2005_75.png
  • bollinger_la-grande-annee_75_wood_gb.png

Out of stock

Send this as a Gift

Country France
Champagne Type Prestige
Region Champagne
Brand Bollinger
Grape Variety Pinot Noir / Pinot Meunier / Chardonnay
Size 75cl
ABV 12%
Closure Type Cork
Vintage 2005
Maturity Drink Now
Style Medium-Full Bodied
Food Match Foie Gras, a selection of Fish or Lamb dishes, and strong hard Cheese
The nose displays generous flavours of caramelised apple and hazelnut with complexity of cinnamon and dried flower aromas. The palate is broad, with a creamy texture from the oak fermentation and fine, delicate mousse. In the mouth, a mature, supple and full wine with a long finish.

The Champagne House of Bollinger, established in 1829 and is still family owned. In the best vintages, they produce La Grande Année, their “Prestige Cuvée”. 95% of the fruit is from Grand Cru sites, the remaining 5% from the finest Premier Crus; first fermentation is in 100% old oak barrels, followed by 6 years ageing on its lees with manual riddling prior to disgorgement. These are classic and complex Pinot Noir dominated Champagnes (70% Pinot Noir, 30% Chardonnay), powerful yet refined with the ability to age beautifully.

La Grande Année is Bollinger’s prestige blend, produced only when a harvest reaches a perfect balance. It is Bollinger’s interpretation of an exceptional year, whose virtues deserve to be brought to the fore, and whose quality ensures the continued production of the house’s outstanding prestige vintages. During an exceptional year’s harvest, grapes solely from grands and premiers crus are vinified to reveal a harmonious blend which portrays the characteristics of a remarkable viticultural year.

La Grande Année develops a majestic vinosity, and intense, rich complex aromas, whose tonality varies according to the nature of each vintage. The blend of La Grande Année 2005 is made up of 70% Pinot Noir and 30% Chardonnay. Made exclusively of grands crus and premiers crus from champagne, the grapes selected are from the cuvée to keep nothing but the best juice

Country Of Origin: France

Add to Wishlist